Mini Review: The Witch of Duva (Spoilers)

A little less then 30 minutes to midnight, so I'll make this short but..sweet~

Tale: The Witch of Duva

Blurb: Unexpected Twists, a Hansel and Gretel retelling without the Hansel~

Thoughts: It was hard to stick to the story in the beginning but towards the end, I love it!

When Nayda left to go to the woods and happen upon the witch's Magda's house, I thought she was doomed and bounded to get eaten.

But I was wrong. Magda is a good witch that helps people and when she helps Nayda and we find out that Karina was only trying to HELP Nayda and that HER FATHER was a cannibal eating the girls- I did not see that coming.

I love the theme: "That the Monsters are more closer to home then you think."

I also love how I was doubting all the women in this book and it taught me a lesson: We women have to stick together and trust each other. I doubted Karina all the way up to the end and realize when she was doing all along. Granted, it didn't seem that way at first but she had good Intentions all along.

Rating: 🌟🌟🌟🌟

Comments

  1. I just finished this one last night, and one sentence that struck me as most disconcerting was while the dad was holding gingerbread Nadya. It says he was crying, and kissed her (which I would expect com a concerned parent), but then his hand went up her skirt as he kissed her again? Was this added to imply he was doing more than just eating the girls?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah. I think it was. I mean, I can't think of any other reason he would need to do so.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Mini Review: The Soldier Prince (Spoilers)

Mini Review: When Water Sang Fire (Spoilers)